• mattomattic
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

It’s frustrating, I get it too. Nobody cares until the leopard bites their face. Then it’s too late, and we’re all affected by their indifference/laziness/ignorance.

• oogles@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m probably going to get downvotes for this, but I seriously don’t understand why you care whether other people care. If you don’t like Chrome and it’s approach to privacy, don’t use it. But man am I sick of people being so preachy about it. Just make your own choices and stop forcing your choices on others yeesh.

• SkyNTP@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

This line of thinking only works if you live as a hermit at the edge of the forest. Living in a society means dealing with consequences of the choices of others.

As far as browsers are concerned, having Firefox is pointless if 95% of websites will refuse to serve you content because you don’t have some cryptographically signed chrome web DRM enabled.

• Captain Aggravated@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

However deep the public at large deems is acceptable for raw sewage to puddle in the street is exactly how much sewage I have to wade through on my way to the store.

• mattomattic
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

That is the whole point - your indifference screws us all. We ALL end up with no choice!