I use winrar.

• Lichtblitz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

While it might be close to good enough for casual scripts, it is much better to use existing tools for performance critical applications, such as brute forcing passwords.

• RedditWanderer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Lmao. Is this not a “casual script”? The dude wants to try a handful of passwords, not brute force a leaked db.

• Lichtblitz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

I believe not. The question states “keywords” so it seems they want to try combinations of words they commonly used. And it makes a huge difference if the script can try one password per second or dozens/hundreds/more.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

You can easily ask chat gpt for all those specific needs. I’ve been a professional software engineer for almost 2 decades and I know chat gpt can do just as good as google searches, especially for quick shellscript with cli’s you aren’t familiar with. You can also ask it where it would be slow and how to make it faster, or what about it might be dangerous. You’re just being daft.

• kava@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

I love ChatGPT and pay for the $20 so I get the upgraded version. However guy is asking for advice from humans, otherwise he’d just be asking on ChatGPT.

In my experience GPT can write simple scripts for you, but it quickly falls apart once you reach a certain complexity.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              10 months ago

This is a very simple script, perfect for gpt and a noob. An experienced developer can go much further, or he can even learn to develop.

He literally admitted asking chaf GPT and it saying “it can’t do that”. He’s not asking here because he specifically wants a human answer, nobody here is going to write him script after script, answer all the possible questions about how to run script etc… GPT is literally free internet education and people should use it, not downvote those who try to teach ppl how to use it.

Chatgpt is just a agglomeration of all the human answers we have, and you can even ask GPT if it’s wrong because it has no horse in the race.

• kava@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                10 months ago

I agree GPT is great. I use it for all sorts of stuff, not just coding. But when I post on a human board, I want to talk to a human.

Also if you want I can give you an idea for a “simple script” a human could easily do that ChatGPT simply cannot do. It’s a text-prediction algorithm. It doesn’t think like me or you.

I love it a lot. I talk to it every day. It’s like a super-google and helps while coding too. To me it’s like a starting point research thing or help when stuck on something.

But yeah people are downvoting you because you’re going offtopic by making this into a ChatGPT thing instead of what OP is actually asking.

For what it’s worth i didn’t downvote you because I don’t generally downvote people. I only mention because it seems like the points bother you

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  10 months ago

“off topic” lmao, yall are dumb.

Nobody has given him a usable answer. Teach a man to fish and all… all they said is “look up this thing”.

GPT is perfectly suited for this question, and it’s askLemmy, not “dontAskGPT”. It’s perfectly on topic and OP has replied / upvoted it as helpful. You can get off your high horse now.

• kava@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    10 months ago

The offtopic part is the prostelyzing. You sound like a Jehovah’s Witness. I get it - you’re enthusiastic about this but you’re not the only one that’s ever heard of ChatGPT. Everybody knows already.

I’m just telling you why you’re being downvoted.

And again- would you like me to give you a simple script request that breaks ChatGPT? Maybe it’ll help you take off the rose-colored glasses.