Airing on Hulu (US) or Disney Plus (outside US) - Monday, September 18, 2023 at Eastern Time (ET) 03:00 a.m/ Pacific Time (PT) 12:00 a.m

• Faceman🇦🇺
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

My theory here is this episode is 4 mini episodes written by ai.

Usually when they do an anthology or clip show they have some kind of in-universe framing device, but this almost feels like the whole screenplay was ai and they just said fuck it.

• TheLoneMinon@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I really hope this is the case and they were trying to prove a point in favor of the striking writers… otherwise I may skip the rest of this season. Its been okay, if a bit stale, but this was one was disheartening.

• blivet@artemis.camp
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

Its been okay, if a bit stale, but this was one was disheartening.

Yeah, I feel the same way. The other episodes were all right, although a bit heavy on the memberberries, but this was just awful.

I haven’t seen every episode of Futurama, but I’ve seen the vast majority, and while more than a few haven’t been my kind of humor, this is the first one I’ve seen that I thought actually sucked.

• BigFig@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Extremely doubt that. These episodes have been in production for a long time, way before the strike and hell likely before the current AI craze of the last year or two

• GenderNeutralBro@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

ChatGPT was made available to the public in November 2022, when they were still in production. I don’t know enough details to say whether that was enough time to get a script in for one episode. It’s possible they used something before ChatGPT, since similar tools have been around for several years, just not as advanced or accessible as ChatGPT.