my biggest issue was the bullet sponging and totally unbalanced combat, youd either be a god that couldnt die or someone who has to land 50 headshots with a sniper rifle to kill someone

• Renacles
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

In my opinion it’s not, the gameplay is still terrible and the writing nothing special.

• ImplyingImplications@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Lol you’ve been downvoted for sharing your opinion after specifically being asked to do so. Also not a single person at the time I write this has provided a reason for why the game is good in their opinion. Great thread!

• ∟⊔⊤∦∣≶@lemmy.nz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Here’s my opinion: The story is good and the characters are great. I really do feel a connection with the characters and empathise with them. The world feels real but also cinematic. I recall a time where I found myself amongst oil derrigs and there was fog all around lit up with a blue tinge. It was amazing, beautiful, and scary because I was expecting someone to jump out at any time and start firing but it was just me, wandering through the mud, alone at midnight.

I never fast travel, I always walk or drive to my next location, and it’s a great experience every time. If I’m driving there is kickass music to listen to, and if I’m walking I see the NPCs going about their daily sidewalk vomit.

I added mods to up the damage, so a fight feels very dangerous. I can kill in a second with my sword, but I can also die in a second from a few bullets. Fights don’t usually last very long but they are intense.

It’s definitely a great game (now) and worth the time. It does well at immersion, at always having another thing to do, at having meaningful choices, ad at depicting the world.

• Godthrilla@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I definitely agree with the no fast travel thing…the scenery is just so fucking pretty, though I do find myself road raging a lot!

• ∟⊔⊤∦∣≶@lemmy.nz
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

One time I was riding my motorbike and being impatient, I hit a car and accidentally killed the driver. I reloaded the save.

I mostly drive around obeying the traffic laws (which is difficult because everyone drives on the wrong side of the road) because it gives me that vibe of cruising around as a no-good delinquent, scoping out places for the next job.

• Renacles
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

I guess we are Reddit now, only one opinion is accepted on any subject.

• lol3droflxp@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Of course this is Reddit now. It’s filled with people from Reddit, worse, active people from Reddit. What was the expectation here?

• Venicon@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Personally I enjoyed the gameplay and found the writing to be so so with some really good moments and some awkward and awful ones (River hitting on a female V, I was with Judy and was frosty with him at every opportunity and he still went on as if I was leading him on. Like MF I could not have been clearer.)

• jackpot@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

your example is so funny cause if i asked my female friends rhatd be accurate lol

• Venicon@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Yeah my wife was watching and was like ‘Yup, accurate.’

That and the Netrunner at the Afterlife saying ‘Good girl’ after returning a job made my skin crawl.

• FaeDrifter@midwest.social
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Keeping it spoiler free: at one point my female V was walking past a bunch of the Barghest gang who were non-aggressive, but making degrading comments. One said something about “coming back on all fours” and I turned around and mono-wired his head right off. The entire gang went aggro and I had to kill about 50 of them. Worth it, will do it again next playthrough.

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zoneM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I’m still cut that the only male romance option for female V is a cop, and a creep on top of it

• bermuda@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

They may have changed it, but I recall the romances were entirely dependent on which voice you chose. Genitalia didn’t matter. So you can theoretically make a feminine V with the male voice if you want those male on male options.

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zoneM
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Male voiced V is so boring though… The actor has such a limited range of emotion in his lines…

• paddirn@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I always thought the worst things about it was the writing and the lack of any real player agency in the game, which weren’t really going to be easily fixable. The game tried to do a bunch of things that many other games had already done better for the past decade, but somehow did them all worse. Had they just taken GTA 5 and reskinned it as a sci-fi game, it’d have had better gameplay. The game is almost unfixable without major rework, and given that they’ve already said no more updates, it sounds like that will never happen.

• Renacles
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I find V unbearable, it’s supposed to be an RPG where I can play as whoever I want but I’m never even given enough dialogue options to choose my personality.