Since my favorite reddit app came to Lemmy I’m really keen on getting more people into the fediverse to pump up the volume of content around here. Are there any initiatives that we can assist to get folks onboard?

I had my wife join, and she likes it, but laments the slow pace of new material in the communities.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Gotta make the transitional learning curve almost 0.

Namely give people a solid app to use (I use Thunder, which is a near clone to the reddit apk called relay for reddit) and implement a way to set up a screen name easier than having to “mysteriously track down some strange thing called an instance” and create your name there and then going and finding the apk to use and logging in under your instance and screen name and password.

It’s a turn off to how easy literally everything else on the internet is to set up. We need an apk that has a “new to lemmy” walk-through that explains how to navigate and sets you up with a login and instance. An apk with a 5 minute set up tutorial to get you started up and using lemmy would go a long ways in people coming and staying.