• Karyoplasma
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I can handle it by circumventing the pointless change. Nice slippery slope you set up there tho.

• Sunfoil@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

It’s not pointless. It’s one step of many to get us off destructive products. You’re going out of your way to make it harder to recycle and to make it more dangerous for wildlife. Ideally you should have already been avoiding plastics, but I guess the government will have to drag you kicking and screaming into living sustainably and for the future. It sure would be great if people could take an ounce of personal responsibility for what needs to happen, so we don’t need slow government interventions that will be too little too late.

• Karyoplasma
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

You have no idea about how I live and yet you make snide remarks, bold assumptions and complain about my apparent lack of “personal responibility”.

I barely ever use my car, I buy my fresh produce at the local farmer’s market, I reject plastic bags and take my backpack when shopping, I recycle plastics, glass, paper/carton, gardening waste in seperate containers.

So fuck right off with your dumbass lecture, you holier-than-thou twat.

• Sunfoil@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Not using plastic bags and doing your recycling. Planet saved. Thanks for illustrating my point perfectly.

• Karyoplasma
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            9 months ago

Keeping the lid attached to the container. Planet saved. Thanks for illustrating my point perfectly.