• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

it’s so fascinating how people absolutely lose their minds over e-scooters, and these are people who shit on drivers for doing the exact same thing to cyclists!

• whereBeWaldo@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Yeah I hate these scooters even with good infrastructure (Germany) people still can’t stop themselves from basically trying to run you over and when they are not in use they are usually left in a place (sidewalks, pedestrian paths etc) that blocks pedestrian traffic. Not to mention the people taking shitload of this stuff into the public transport and making it even more crowded.

Never had a driving license, can’t be bothered with it when public transport gets the job done.

• assassin_aragorn@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I remember this happening often in college where some bikers were just an absolute menace and you had to get out of dodge quickly.

• jarfil@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

people taking shitload of this stuff into the public transport

They’ve fixed that around here (Spain) after a couple got a battery fire in a metro car: escooters are banned from public transport.

Luckily bikes are not, which only take up like 5 times the space 🤷

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

But like people don’t ride them badly here, so clearly that’s a solvable problem. I’d wager germany generally doesn’t actually really have that good bicycle infrastructure.

As for them being left all over the place, that’s a regulation problem specific to rental scooters, and doesn’t apply at all to privately owned ones but people like you just ignore that completely.
        Also like, you’ve seen where people park their cars, right? a car in the middle of the bike path is vastly more annoying than an e-scooter.

• whereBeWaldo@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Calling problems “solvable problems” or “regulation problems” does not make them go away they are still problems associated with e-scooters. I always hear good stuff about Germany’s bicycle infrastructure but I guess it is suddenly bad when it is covenient for you to make your point.

Of course a car parked on a bike path is more annoying than e-scooters I’ve never said e-scooters were worse than cars, but still I find them extremely annoying as a person that is travelling mostly on foot.