Show us your half baked, not really ready for prime time projects.

Or just whatever open source stuff you’ve been contributing to lately!

For me, it’s https://openlibrary.org I’ve been working on having author pages populated with data from wikidata. Also a few other small things with documentation and small UI bugs :)

• schnurrito
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

I think frankly the AGPL shouldn’t even be considered a free license. Merely running the program, even modified, shouldn’t require you to publish the source code you run on your machine without distributing it.

In terms of practical advantages, a more permissive license will boost fediverse adoption by businesses, which I think is desirable.

• MV [Jerboa dev]@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

You only need to publish your changes to your users, if you are the only the user you don’t have to publish anything.

Not sure if adoption by businesses is really wanted? Unless their goal is aligned with our cause but from profit seeking perspective I don’t see how. But you are welcome to change my mind.

• 257m@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Fediverse adoption from corporations is the exact opposite of ideal. If that were to happen the fediverse would enshittified just as much as sites like reddit are today.