This time I am not asking for money and thank you very much to all the people who have unconditionally helped me, I really appreciate it!

Yesterday after taking my cat to the vet (who is currently doing fine, thanks for asking) I had to visit someone in the hospital and that person was receiving a blood transfusion, and then it came to my mind what one of the great users who helped me told me: “I encourage you to pay it forward if and when you are able. This doesn’t mean the next time you have money, necessarily. Please look out for your needs first”

I am really lucky to be in good health and that’s really something I can help with and I don’t think it affects me in any way. I know that first they will do tests to detect if everything is ok but I think it is, and at least in my country they are usually constantly asking for donors, so maybe I could schedule a visit when I can (because unfortunately you have to schedule a visit, I can’t just got) and so I can help someone who needs it!

• CatUserOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

It would sounds dumb but I didn’t know that I could donate to the Red Cross, I was thinking actually in nearby hospitals. Thanks for the suggestion.

• FumpyAer [any, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I’m pretty sure the American Red Cross is uniquely bad and in most other countries their equivalent is much better. But do your own research for your specific country.

Btw many articles about the ARC use the terms “Red Cross” and “American Red Cross” interchangeably, but they are talking about the American Red Cross specifically.