This time I am not asking for money and thank you very much to all the people who have unconditionally helped me, I really appreciate it!

Yesterday after taking my cat to the vet (who is currently doing fine, thanks for asking) I had to visit someone in the hospital and that person was receiving a blood transfusion, and then it came to my mind what one of the great users who helped me told me: “I encourage you to pay it forward if and when you are able. This doesn’t mean the next time you have money, necessarily. Please look out for your needs first”

I am really lucky to be in good health and that’s really something I can help with and I don’t think it affects me in any way. I know that first they will do tests to detect if everything is ok but I think it is, and at least in my country they are usually constantly asking for donors, so maybe I could schedule a visit when I can (because unfortunately you have to schedule a visit, I can’t just got) and so I can help someone who needs it!

• CatUserOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’m not the one to judge either, I guess I understand why they ask that kind of questions, although I also guess they test the blood very well before donating it, so I still don’t understand…

And thanks for warning about the risks, although it doesn’t seem to be anything particularly serious or bad!