On lemmy.world I posted a comment on how liberals use ‘tankie’ as an invective to shut down dialogue and received tons of hateful replies. I tried to respond in a rational way to each. Someone’s said ‘get educated’ I responded ‘Im reading Norman Finkelstein’s I’ll burn that bridge when I get there’ and tried to keep it civil.

They deleted every comment I made and banned me. Proving my point, they just want to shut down dialogue. Freedom of speech doesn’t existing in those ‘totalitarian’ countries right? But in our ‘enlightened’ western countries we just delete you.

• SomeLemmyUser
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Oh you again, your the best of them all.

Soo let me recap:

You criticise anything about russia (like saying not everything they do is automatically good) --> you carry water for the USA

The man says the people outside the west need to be liberated.

I would agree, I would even say the people inside the west needs to be liberated. The world needs to be liberated.

But he thinks, the people in Russia or China are already liberated or even are the liberators.

Did it ever occur to you, that those countries are just imoerialisric states with a bad communist mask?

Or is your liberty one where you get put in jail or worse if you are gay, where the working class still works for rich old man and gets almost nothing, where ideological power is maintained through prisons and shootings?

• m532@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

In the west, you lose your job, then go homeless and then get put in jail when you do not conform to the cishet ableist neurotypical society.

The people in russia have been re-enslaved by the west.

The people in the west are mostly complicit in the usa’s imperialism, they don’t need to be “liberated” from their slavery loot.

Edit: and you are a nazi enabler.

• SomeLemmyUser
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Whataboutism Yes west bad, but that doesn’t mean Russia good ;)

You deny everyone who lives in the west that they are oppressed by capitalists? Everyone in west is capitalist? No working class?

Also from personal experience: your description of what happens with people who are not cishet neurotypical is wrong. Sure, not perfect here, lots of structural racism, sexism, ableism, claissism etc. But at least not writen in law but forbidden by it (even when that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist), also still got job, are not homeless and not in jail.

I could not exposed yourself like you did even if I would have put hours in it.

Someone: tankie comes from tanks You: Nazi enabler

Hillarious