As far as I see that instance is a far-right cess pool. Everything I’ve got from that instance were low-quality transphobic “news articles”.

• @hi65435
    link
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I have blocked lemmygrad

so did I

and other tankie/nazi (same shit) instances (domains) myself.

didn’t see that yet but at least some user with a name in that direction.

Anyway, I found it quite not amusing to see this stuff on my second day of using Lemmy - which was 2 weeks ago or so. Honestly, I’ve seen enough online communities degenerate and having a few power users/enthusiasts who like fine tuning every setting is not enough to get a healthy community going.

I think if Lemmy doesn’t get it’s shit together in that regard, it’ll be like Mastodon where there are alt-right communities powered by it and then another normal (or whatever you want to call it?) part. However I’ve been quite surprised when my first subscriber was some alt-right dude. That was enough for me to delete my account.

At the moment I see chances 50/50 that Lemmy can make it. But this highly depends on:

1. making it convenient for non-technical people (discoverability across instances)
    2. have a reasonable filtering system (if it’s fully democratic and it works that would be awesome. but to be realistic, that would be a first…)