• TischkanteOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Cartoons have missing features, so it leaves room for your own interpretation of it. Isn’t it wonderful?

• doctorcrimson@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

But the features that are present are round faces, bangs in face, oversized sweater, wristbands, denim overalls, etc which all kind of allude to children’s features and fashion. I’m not saying it was wrong to make this or post this, it’s a cool image, I just feel no attraction to it and therefor the caption has comically failed.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Because children can wear hoodies without them necessarily fitting, it becomes a great budget option to clothe them. Here is a random photo I literally just pulled from the internet:

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

Cool, great observation, but do you not see the many children wearing them in the image above your comment? Any examples of adults wearing it does not dismiss the fact that it’s popular attire for children.

• awnery@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                8 months ago

somehow this is your observation: children are wearing costumes! Oh, the heavens!

edit: thanks lemmy.world AI for nothin

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

I’ve stopped responding to most of you, but I like your comment especially so I’ll say: if the hoodie were my only talking point then maybe you would have some credibility in my eyes. I made a statement of preferences and all of you attack it, quite ironic for such a persecuted demographic. If so many things with such an obvious conclusion are simply coincidence, I don’t care either way. As a beholder I saw youth and it was unattractive, but feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves for all eternity.

• Khotetsu@lib.lgbt
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I totally understand this, because we often attribute features that are either androgynous or culturally considered feminine (but especially androgynous features) with prepubescence. So you’ve got the rounded faces and lack of secondary sex characteristics that we would associate with older people, plus fashion that could easily be considered “younger,” and despite probably being intended to be 20 or so, they look much younger.

As somebody who’s got that scruffy white Jesus look going on but doesn’t have a square jawline and often wears hoodies, I’ve more than once been mistaken for a high school/college student - even by high school students no less - despite being in my 30s. Being hit on by college kids almost 10 years younger than you is an awkward experience I would not wish on anyone. As is having your mom be mistaken for your grandmother.