Hello you awesome people,

Friends are having a boy and everyone they know wants to push a name on the child. So I decided to be the best friend they could have and to offer only bad, ugly or horrendous names to the lucky parents so they could have a laugh. I already send them some names and dictators, Smeagol, Steve and Juan-Esteban.

So please, people or Lemmy, give me the worst names you could give a child, so that I can help them as a good friend!

Ps: don’t worry, I’ve already planned some meals to drop off when the gremlin will be there to feed the parents. And some take-out vouchers so they won’t get food poisoning

• tias
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

It was a debate show on Swedish public television probably a decade ago. They were debating what you should be allowed to name your children (or not). More specifically the name was “Pungen” which is the determined form in Swedish, i.e. more like “The Scrotum”. I don’t remember why she wanted to name her son The Scrotum, it might have been some weird pagan tribute to the father. But as I recall it didn’t appear to come out of hate.

The name had been denied by the Swedish IRS (which decides who can be named what). I remember there was another kid named “Laser” who had been approved.