• Classy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

A thumbs down is so much better as a reaction to a shit driver than a middle finger. One just says, “Hey fuck you”, while the other says, “I am disappointed in you”

• boogetyboo@aussie.zone
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I posted the following in another thread but this is what I do:

I’m a tiny woman who isn’t starting road rage, so what I do is just make the other person concerned. I’ve done this as a pedestrian and a driver.

It’s really easy, as a pedestrian walking past, pause slightly and drop your eyes to their front grill, tilt your head slightly and grimace. If in the car, point and sit up in your seat like you’re trying to get a better view of their car and do the same face. Look alarmed even.

I’ve seen multiple drivers pull over to check out their cars. At the very least it makes them take time out of their day for no reason - and inconveniencing dickheads is always fun - but given we’re in Australia, their imagination can take them to all kinds of places. What did she see? Is it still there? Is it in my car now???

Similar to the pretending to step over something prank, but this makes the person worry about what’s wrong with their car all day. Far more effective.

• Apathy Tree@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Entirely off topic.

I have no idea why but I got seriously intense deja vous reading this comment. I’m pretty sure I’ve never read this actual comment before, though.

Do you write like this a lot? Maybe I’ve come across you before.

• boogetyboo@aussie.zone
            cake
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

I did copy it from another thread I’d written it in?

I’ve been told I write how I speak (writing’s my job) so I guess that hints at a somewhat distinctive way of writing? so you may have seen me about the place?