Personally I think not having karma limits is nice currently! I understand why they were used but grinding karma as a lurker on reddit was frustrating.

• cyberic
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

The comment “This” is annoying to me. Just use the upvote button!

• gronapa@lemmy.fmhy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Yea that seems like something that started showing up more as time went on and more users joined. The trends and jokes did get tiring.

• hllywluis@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

This. I usually try to avoid commenting just “This” and try to give more explanation why I’m saying that. Feel like that’s the proper way of doing it.

• gronapa@lemmy.fmhy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Personally I am commenting and posting much more now than ever on reddit. I want to transition to lemmy and see it grow as I refuse to use the Android reddit app.

I am not typing/imagining a comment and then not posting it here either like many people do on reddit. It seems like a good time to become less of a lurker.

• hllywluis@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Agreed, especially with how new Lemmy is, it just really feels like it needs our engagement to succeed and get more people to join.

• Coolbootyjames@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I remember when I first got on reddit, it was still bigger than lemmy is now, but it still felt small enough that commenting actually felt worthwhile. Definitely excited to be here. Tryna engage as much as possible so people feel there’s a community to join

• Candid_Technology_66@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

If I’m not mistaken, because lemmy by default sorts comments by newest, if you comment something more users will see it, but on reddit it’ll get stuck at the bottom.

• PapaTorque@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah. Honestly I’m way more active here. Granted my whole time on the fediverse is like a week or two, but Ive made more comments today than I have in like a decade on reddit. I could easily see myself not returning to reddit.

• comfy@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

The comment “this” comes from sites that don’t have votes. The equivalent here is voting. It really is that simple.

• bruh@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Add back the hardcoded slur filter but just for these kind of comments

• XanXic@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This is what I wanted to post in here. Any version of the like “this” “to the top with you” “have my upvote” etc etc

Like it’s a conversation board, I don’t care about one person’s personal opinion of a comment that actively takes away from the conversation and clutters the replies when there’s an entire feature around giving your opinion on a comment.