• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

My daughter starts a new online school program and I have to be a “learning coach” which basically means I have to keep an eye on her during the school day and help her when she needs it.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

I think it will be very difficult, but rewarding. Going down to a single income sucks, but she had to be taken out of school because of some serious bullying. I just hope this will make her happier.

• dependencyinjection
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

You sound like a great person. I’m sorry that your daughter had to go through bullying and even worse, she is the one that has to change her life.

I wish you both success.

You’re right, it’s a terrible time to drop to a single income.

• clearedtoland@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

This thread went longer and more serious than I could’ve imagined at the outset. Glad I stuck with it! Congrats on the mod role (maybe I’m late to notice?).

Sorry to hear about your daughter and income situation. Kids, and the parents that raise them that way, can be such di**s.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

Thanks for all of that. The mod thing was a surprise to me. One day, I was a mod. No one asked me. And that thread is getting dangerously close to the maximum number of posts Discourse allows.