• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    English
    1935 months ago

“And let’s see how Earth responds to that,” Musk replied.

I’m getting strong Kanye vibes from Elon these days.

• @protist@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Kanye’s straight up bipolar, maybe even schizoaffective. Musk still just looks like a narcissistic asshole, and the grandiosity about “Earth” caring about Twitter is par for the course

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
        link
        English
        edit-2
        5 months ago

I’m sure the ketamine also doesn’t help, in Elon’s case.

• @littlewonder@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          95 months ago

As someone who takes prescribed ketamine on the regular, it blows my mind that he can still hold the shit opinions he has. I only ever feel more connected to everyone and more present with the small joys around me.

• Flying Squid
            link
            fedilink
            English
            25 months ago

I’m guessing he takes it in vastly more quantities than you and also that it would affect someone who is already an asshole narcissist a different way than it would someone like yourself.

• a1studmuffin 🇦🇺
        link
        fedilink
        English
        115 months ago

Yep. Can’t put my finger on what’s happening there exactly, but there’s some kind of mental health crisis going on and it’s very public.

• @Katrisia@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

A recent comment of mine:

In an old interview, Mr. Narcissus [Elon Musk] said he may have bipolar disorder; he said he experiences “great highs, terrible lows, and unrelenting stress”.

He has doubts because his highs and lows follow events in his life, whereas episodes from bipolar disorder often appear without triggers. […]

We’d know if he went for an evaluation/possible diagnosis, but I cannot even imagine him doing it.

Kanye West is usually manic when he acts this way. I guess this supports Musk’s suspicion.

• no banana
        link
        fedilink
        English
        95 months ago

He has doubts because his highs and lows follow events in his life, whereas episodes from bipolar disorder often appear without triggers. […]

Maybe the events are what follow the highs and lows.