• ChillCapybara
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Yeah it’s the human condition. Power corrupts. It always does. It would corrupt me. It would corrupt you. What’s it like to live real life in god mode? I know what you do when the cheats get turned on, because I’ve done the same. But what happens when there is no option to restart the game? Or to play something else? You return to the game. It’s all you have. You become determined to make it progressively worse because you’re average. You have no imagination. You suck. You’re not a leader. You’re a regular dude for the most part and not cut out for this shit. You fuck it up. If we’re in a simulation, it’s the worst kind. One controlled by the simulated.

• Soup@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

I used console commands to help play Half Life 2 when I was younger. God was super boring, obviously, and I only used the refill ammo/health thing when I really needed it. I even restricted myself to only using weapons that I had earned access to even though the ammo command gave me all of them. Also, Dolly Parton uses her wealth to buy books for kids.

Bezos is just a really shitty person. Power doesn’t corrupt every time, but it sure attracts bad people at a much greater rate than it does good people. Luckily many good people are also out there fighting to make sure that it’s not only bad people with all the cards.

• Cosmic Cleric@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

But what happens when there is no option to restart the game? Or to play something else? You return to the game. It’s all you have.

You forgot to mention the ‘flip the game table over’ option.

(Not that I’m advocating for that option, just that it is an additional option.)

• prole@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Lol what a bunch of meaningless word salad bullshit.

Don’t assume everyone is as awful as you.

• littlecolt@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Not gonna lie, with the current state of things, of I were rich I would probably go into hiding and make it so me and my family interact as little as possible with this current hellhole we call modern society. I’d like to think I would do something positive with my wealth, but I think I’d probably selfishly hide away until I die. I have no children, so maybe I would direct the wealth to do good once I’m gone, but that’s it.

Of course, that’s all theoretical. I’m not likely to ever be able to even retire comfortably.