Inspired by the ongoing Resurgence giveaway, I thought it might be fun to discuss some of our favourite Trek games. Underappreciated gems are particularly welcome!

• jmcs
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I wouldn’t call it underappreciated since it was well received in its time, but Star Trek: Judgment Rites was amazing.

I wish there would be more narrative focused Star Trek games like that. Either a Disco Elysium style non-combat focused RPG or a modern adventure game.

• zaphodb2002@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

A Disco Elysium style Trek game would be killer. Make me make ethical decisions about other species, decide if I want to be a Starfleet or a Maquis, and make awkward conversation with my superior officer that gets me reassigned to Delta Shift cleaning the Holodecks, and seriously reconsider my life.

• Acamon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

How do you think it would hold up for someone who didn’t play back in the day?

• jmcs
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

It depends on how familiar you are with old point and click games. If you aren’t used to them, it can be quite frustrating, but even then I think it would be enjoyable if you use a guide to unblock yourself when you get stuck.