I would really rather that these were actual examples, and not conspiracy theories. We all have our own unsubstantiated ideas about what shadowy no-gooders are doing, but I’d rather hear about things that are actually happening.

• Lichtblitz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

The Tesla truck is already there and just needs to be built at scale.

Full self driving has been fully achieved in 2017 and will reach end consumers next year (as claimed by Tesla every single year since then).

It is desirable that SpaceX rockets fail hard instead of succeeding in their missions.

Musk has truly mastered this principle and only now are people getting impatient. Most investors still regard him as too big to fail. Either Elon will be able to present sufficient success in the next few years or that bubble will burst very violently. He has almost used up the good will he has built up over years (earned our not).

• Meowoem@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

SpaceX has been doing incredibly well at rockets, just because you only know about tests that ended in explosions doesn’t mean that’s how everything goes

You hate musk, I get it but that doesn’t mean everything he associated with is automatically bad

• meyotch@slrpnk.net
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Gwynne Shotwell. She built the rockets. Elon was one of many challenges she managed to work around.

• Meowoem@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

Exactly, and thousands of other highly educated and skilled people - I can’t think of anything worse than having to put up with Elon then getting told your life’s work is rubbish just because he’s associated with the company you work for.

• squiblet@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

Just another hated boss. Not too uncommon. I’m sure plenty of people who work for him don’t like him either. SpaceX does get plenty of positive recognition and feedback, too.