Hi so my gaming laptop just died ( water damage ). Usualy i would be looking for a universal laptop but finally i finished university so i likely wont need laptop any more . So right now im looking to dab into proper PC finally. And im looking for help to build a pc. Im mostly decided on the cpu front 7800x3d most likely and im looking for somewhat decent gpu for 1080p ,maybe 1440p gaming( if you are wondering why such a strong mismatch between gpu and cpu dosent bither me , i mostly play Europa universalis 4 , stellaris and other strategy games so extremly fast cpu is a priority , and apparently eu4 benefits quite a lot from 3d vcache . GPU meanwhile, if it can play total war warhammer 3 on max details its good enough ) . It can be either radeon or nvidia( i like to dabble as a hobby in ai models so nvidia would be cool ,but on the other hand i ran linux and nvidia is a pain in the ass on linux ,also i can manage without cuda cores somehow). Frankly speaking im just looking for the most decent price to performance indicator. Also what should i know about motherboards are there any important things or should i just look out for the chepeast possible one for that cpu .

Other than that cables. Do i need any additional cables or would they come with cpu power supply etc…?

• Zaphod
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Don’t you need the proprietary driver for AI stuff?