The White House said Sunday that “it’s the right time” for Israel to scale back its military offensive in the Gaza Strip, as Israeli leaders again vowed to press ahead with their operation against the territory’s ruling Hamas militant group.

The comments exposed the growing differences between the close allies on the 100th day of the war.

• i_am_not_a_robot
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

What does Biden’s polling or blood matter? Do we get a choice? The red party candidacy will go to Trump and the blue party is apparently planning to skip the election and keep Biden as president until he inevitably dies of old age because they’ve opted not to hold any debates.

Voting reform hasn’t happened, so without a miraculous level of coordination and turnout from like-minded voters, Biden being reelected is the best outcome we can hope for. Without a way to ensure a majority of states will vote third party (remember we still have the electoral college with unequal representation and most delegates are able to vote however they want, and many states first count votes by district), voting for a third party candidate is half a vote against your second choice. If you’re in a state where your vote actually matters, you can vote for a third party out of protest or because you really think the third party candidate is better, and then your least favored candidate can win as a result.

• bdonvr@thelemmy.club
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

We need to move beyond voting in this broken system.

Personally I’m in Florida so my vote really means fuck all anyway since FL is solid red now so I’m going with third party. Claudia de la Cruz with PSL most likely.

We’re clearly never going to push Dems left by voting for them. The only other possible option for this system is “Move left or you will lose”. This least evil barely different shit is getting old. Beyond that we need to take to the streets.

• Binthinkin@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Good luck continuing to provide no benefit to society with your Florida Man ideas.

We appreciate it!

• bdonvr@thelemmy.club
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

Huh? Does Biden have a rats chance in hell of even being a little close in Florida? No. So I might as well enjoy pissing into the wind.

• tb_@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            5 months ago

You’d rather have Trump on the throne?

A vote not cast is a vote in favour of your opposition.

Sadly, in the two party system of the US, the only effective alternative vote is the one for the lesser of two evils. At least there’s a chance that one will do some things right.