Proton pass

Guys I use proton mail and proton pass but the issue I have is that how can I have a secure password for proton mail with 2fa if I use proton pass? If I have a less difficult password then I am lowering my security and If I want to have a 2fa (with local encrypted file) then I have to save it on some secure cloud, which for me is proton drive or mega then again I have those passwords saved in proton pass so I would have to login to proton pass first, If I lower password of those apps then again it risks security. ( I am sorry I am so confused). Please help!

• @Hazzia
    link
    34 months ago

Correcthorsebatterystaple is good and all, and I’m probably literally the only person dumb enough to have this problem, but because of it my work password, which I have to type multiple times in a row regularly throughout the day due to our protocols, is 45 characters long. This is not an exageration, I counted.

Should I have picked something shorter since I already knew how often I would need to type it? Yes. Should I just bite the bullet and reset it early? Also yes. Don’t be like ol’ uncle Hazzia, kids.

• @Evkob@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      44 months ago

Okay yeah I’ll admit that’s pretty bad, haha. The only password I actually know nowadays is the passphrase to my Keepass database, which clocks in at 40 characters. I rarely say this to people, but have you considered a shorter password? :P

• Lauch
        link
        fedilink
        24 months ago

I don’t even know my master password :D I use some script to generate it and I just copy+paste it.