• 2xsaiko
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Some that haven’t been mentioned yet:

• Behind The Overlay (removes simple login banners/paywalls/anything that blocks the content)
    • Don’t Fuck With Paste (for those sites that think it’s fun to override or even disable copy and/or paste)
    • Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey Violentmonkey
    • Dehydrated@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Stop suggesting Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey. Tampermonkey is proprietary and steals user data, and Greasemonkey hasn’t been updated since 2021. Use Violentmonkey, it’s completely FOSS and up-to-date.

• Dehydrated@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

No problem. Unfortunately Tampermonkey is recommended in many articles, guides, blog posts, etc. because people are unaware of what it does. Violentmonkey should be far more popular, so users stop downloading proprietary crap, simply because it’s the best known userscript extension.

• rdri@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Hey I’m also using Violentmonkey and always recommend it over other options. But your comment got me wondering and I’ve checked. Turns out Greasemonkey actually dropped a new version a month ago. Not that this changes anything for me, just wanted to correct the statement.

• -RJ-@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Which greasemonkey scripts do you use? I’ve never used it but have heard it’s a good one to have (also, it’s been recommended several times on here)

• Dehydrated@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

If you want to use userscripts, definitely install Violentmonkey instead of Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey, as Tampermonkey is proprietary and steals user data and Greasemonkey hasn’t been updated in years

• -RJ-@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Thank you - I love how it can look at the site and suggest scripts - and you can’t go wrong with Opensource. Thank you.

• three@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Don’t Fuck With Paste

Awesome, I’ve been wanting something like this for a long time.