• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

My Steam Deck has been monumental in letting me play games as a busy adult. I leave the thing in sleep mode. Hit the power button and I’m back to my game in 2 seconds. I need to stop, I pause it and hit the power button and set it down. No prep, no worries about save spots. No pairing controllers or finding a place to set up my laptop or anything else. Just “boom”. Back in or back out of the game. I’ve played more the last year than I have in the previous 5 years combined.

• Retreaux@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

As a father of a 3 year old and being a lifelong filthy casual (mostly portable gaming, SNES, PS2), my steam games were just rotting not being played on my crappy PC. After getting the steam deck though I’m finally able to play 5 year old games on sale but dammit I’m still playing again.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

My backlog is huge, so I have a massive amount of pc games I’ve never gotten around to playing. Right now I’m playing assassins creed IV. That came out in 2013. Just finished the binding of isaac rebirth from 2014, and before that I was playing borderlands 2 and Tomb Raider from 2015.

I did spend the $3 for Vampire Survivors. That was strangely addictive.