A few days ago I shared some news that the Eurovision song from Israel would be named “Your land is mine now” to later realize it was from an onion kind of website, lol.

I hope I’m not alone in this kind of f’up.

• tias
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Sure they do. The difference is they don’t do it with real weapons because people generally don’t own real weapons. When they do own one (for hunting or sport, never for personal protection), it’s locked in a secure safe by law and requires successful completion of a fairly tough training with a proficiency test at the end.

• Was the JR15 mentioned above a real gun? I have a hard time imagining a functioning rifle chambered in 5.56 that would be small enough for a child to handle. And AR15s aren’t that big; a young teen can handle them fairly easily.

I guess my point is that the AR frame is about as small as you can make a functioning 5.56 rifle anyway. You could put a shorter barrel on it, maybe lighten the stock, but now you’ve just made a carbine. The upper isn’t getting any smaller… so what’s “JR” about it?

Scaling an AR down so it just looks like one, but is chambered in something shorter like .22 short… I guess you could call it a JR15. Seems like a cheap cop-out, since that upper is the defining feature of the AR15. Although a guess there are derivations chambered in Blackout, Grendel and so on, and they’re all considered based on the AR platform.

Hence, my assumption it was a toy.