Has this instance already blocked threads ? If not, is there any appetite for that ?

I suspect that this will be an important consideration for many users choice-of-instance in the future.

• GVasco
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Nice, but the discussion is in German, which I understand is one of the main languages of the instance but excludes those who don’t speak it.

• Fatcat560
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

A short TLDR I guess: Milan (the instance admin) wants to wait and see how the situation evolves and not block them in advance. Though if they moderate like Facebook does it might happen anyway.

Hope this clears up everything for you! Have a nice day or evening.

• GVasco
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Ty for the summary, and definitely agree that if Meta block instances because it doesn’t fit with their TOS then defederation should be considered then.

• Wen Astar
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

The question was posed and therefore answered in German. I do not think any excluding was intended, and translation help like deepl usually is only an URL and a bit of copy/paste away.

Milan himself tries to keep Meta out of his life, but he does not think panicking without solid data is the way to go. He wants to keep an eye on how the situation evolves, and if Meta is practicing non-moderation like on facebook, he will not federate with them for that even before entertaining deeper ethical questions.

• DogMuffinsOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Even if we can just get the gist rather than a full translation.