I like making soups and porridges. I usually add salt and pepper at the beginning to add flavor. Recently, a friend gave me a bottle of soy sauce and Im experimenting with it.

What would it make more sense? to add the soy sauce with the other ingredients before the mix boils, while boiling or only to add it before serving?

Another question is: should I use salt if I use soy sauce? Apparently, this sauce has a lot of sodium.

• popcorp
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Take some leftover rice from yesterday, or prepare some by steaming.

Heat a pan, drop a tablespoon of oil in. Fry any form of fresh garlic and ginger in it. Throw in the rice. Stir, mix, fry.

Then mix the soy sauce into the rice, mix. Start with smaller amount, you can add more later. Crack an egg or two and pour them in. Mix for a while until the eggs cook.

Top with a spring onion, Lao gan ma chilli crisp, sesame oil, sesame. Serve.

Most of the ingredients in the recipe are optional, you really just need the rice, soy sauce and eggs.

If you like porridges, try making some congee, it is easier if you have a rice cooker. The rest of the recipe is almost the same as with the fried rice above.