• jol
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

People seriously buy coffees every day? I like coffee, and I have enough disposable income to buy coffees often outside, but honestly never do it. Maybe it’s because I grew up poor but it seems an awfully wastefuk habit. I have coffee at home before work, or in the office (free).

• BringMeTheDiscoKing@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

wastefuk

If that was a typo, let it retroactively not be. Wastefuk is a great word, especially how you used it, which I read as adjectivizing ‘the habits of a Wastefuk.’

Don’t be a wastefuk, everyone. Make your coffee at home. But not with k cups.

• dangblingus@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

It’s extremely wasteful. In college I was spending a lot on coffee, but as an adult who actually has to worry about budgeting, it’s a poverty trap. North America runs on convenience items.

• DrM@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I don’t think it’s because you grew up poor. It’s because why would you buy coffee everyday?

I buy coffee almost everytime I’m at an airport or a train station, but that’s like… once every two months? If I would commute by train, I wouldn’t buy coffee everytime I’m at the train station, I would just wait until I’m in the office to grab a cup.

But I did buy a coffee daily, when I was in university. There was no way to get a coffee besides buying one, so I bought one. So I think thats the main thing about buying daily, necessity. Some companies only have paid machines, so you buy a coffee daily when at work. In school or university you don’t have a coffee machine available, so you buy one daily.

• jol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

In uni we have 30 cent coffee machines and it was the only way to keep my brain going.

• AquaTofana@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Meh, I’m a M-F daily coffee buyer here. My husband will only drink coffee if we’re at breakfast somewhere, and it’s just him and I at the house.

I drink plain black gas station coffee though, so my costs are likely negligible to others who prefer more…“fancy” varieties. I pay $1.16 for 20 Oz.

Dutch Bros is giving Starbucks a run for their money here in Texas. Both franchises are PACKED every time I drive past, regardless of time of day. Just…insane drive thru lines. Never had DBs, but I’ve heard it’s decent.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

A lot of gas stations sell refill mugs that people use every day. I admit I did do a daily coffee run to a gas station nearby when I worked my last job, but it was because they literally never washed the coffee pot or emptied it out from the day before and it literally had grease all over it. Yeah, it did end up costing me money, but fuck me if I was going to drink that shit. And there was no way to get through that job without a lot of caffeine.

• CrowAirbrush@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

I love going out for coffee, especially now that my favorite coffee place started using mugs instead of cardboard plastic coated cups.

I get to mix a latte machiato with a double espresso, those mugs are huge.

Disclaimer: it’s my workplace and the coffee is free.