• Tartas1995
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Honestly I am mostly bothered by the “reddit atheist” stereotype. Most of the atheist even on Reddit, that I have met, even in Reddit, were as annoying or pleasant as everyone else. But it feels like if you oppose religious nonsense as it gets pushed in your face online, “everyone” thinks you are some radical who hates all e.g. christians, while in reality you might intentionally buy some handmade crafts for the local church to support some charity and support your elderly local community by rewarding their social efforts.

• illectrility@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Absolutely. Just because I think religion is stupid and don’t want it shoved down my throat everywhere I go, doesn’t mean I dislike the people spending their time on it.

People who don’t keep religion to themselves and start bothering me or others with it (Jehovah’s witnesses and whatnot), they bother me and I do dislike those few

• rekabis@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I don’t care what others do with themselves in the privacy of their house, or what goes on between their ears.

I take a very big exception, however, when people try to tell me how to act and live based on their own scriptures.

A person’s religion only affects them. It defines what they can or cannot do.

It doesn’t affect me in the least, nor should it ever do so to any degree.