absence of evidence is evidence

• ArcaneSlime@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, at least.

I on the other hand have evidence for my religion, the good word of “Bob” is the only evidence I need. He was told by JHVH-1 himself after being zapped while working on a TV set of his own design in 1953.

• Mossy Feathers (They/Them)@pawb.social
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 months ago

I like the idea of the Church of Subgenius, but tbh they’re so good at schizoposting on their website that I can’t make heads or tails about what they’re talking about.

• ArcaneSlime@lemmy.dbzer0.com
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                3 months ago

Write to “Bob” at PO Box 807 Glen Rose TX, 76043, include like $3-5 bucks and you’ll receive all the knowledge ye seek in return.

That or listen to the 30+yr of radio archives on www.subgenius.com, or grab a Book of the SubGenius from the site (signed by Rev. Ivan Stang no less), the site itself is easier to parse after reading the books or listening to the shows.

And you can always find SubGeniuses directly on mastodon on our instance dobbs.town, though they may not be the best source of knowledge about anything at all, depending on a few factors.

• iiGxC@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

It is in cases where the thing in question should have evidence. If someone tells me they have a dragon in their garage, the absence of evidence when I go in their garage and don’t find a dragon is evidence of the absence of a dragon.