Please dont take this seriously guys its just a dumb meme I haven’t written a single line of code in half of these languages

• @smileyhead
    link
    1382 months ago

Every programming language has it’s place.

JavaScript’s place is in hell.

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
      link
      English
      542 months ago

I used to think Javascript was hell when I barely used it. Now I have to build with it regularly and… once in a while I’m just right about things.

• @mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      152 months ago

JS is ironic punishment as a programming language. It’s fun to screw around in! And then you have to use it for stuff, and pain ensues.

• @ALostInquirer@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      62 months ago

What makes JavaScript so widely disliked? I know very little of it, and in skimming different stuff I think I’ve seen like a million different frameworks for it, so is that a part of it?

• @smileyhead
        link
        152 months ago

It was mostly made for simple scripts to embed on a website for animations and handling updates without refreshing whole page. Not to make a full portable client (browser) side app.
        Hating JavaScript is mostly a meme, it’s just a programming language. But its very loose syntax, fact it’s often someone’s first programming language to learn and how most programs written in it nowadays are a hack build on top of a hack on top a hack makes this language easy to laugh at.

• @Socsa@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      12 months ago

Also regular java.

There is not a single piece of Java software in existence which wouldn’t be better as some combination of C++ and/or python. Chang my mind.

God I hate java so much.