I mean like awareness that, just under the surface, there are deep explorations waiting for the right time and place to emerge; things you’ve set aside or placed on the back burner but will tackle eventually/many you already have tackled.

Are you deeply self aware of these interests like some kind of list? If so, are these interests deeply connected in your mind to your past explorations and interests like some kind of road map or branching tree structure of thought?

• unknowing8343
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

What’s funny is that I have installed Linux on many of my family’s computers and they have NEVER ever felt the need to go back to Windows. They probably think it’s just Windows but I took the trash out of it. It just works and it’s amazing.

• livus@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

That’s definitely on my radar, I was just wondering what they had given their family.

• unknowing8343
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

Linux Mint is great for ultra-noobs, but I’d personally setup Debian for a super-stable computer, and nowadays it’s really not that hard, so that would be another option.

I have installed Arch Linux in some of those computers tho, and I’ve had no issues too; but well, the install process is not for the newbie.

• livus@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              3 months ago

Thanks, that’s interesting.

I might be able to deal with a bit of a learning curve, used to run Redhat in a partition but it was decades ago.