No actually, I’m the one on the left

• Chewy
    link
    edit-2
    1 month ago

After using multiple tiling compositors over the years, I’m pretty much set in how my system works. There’s not much I have to do, except the occasional tweak to keybinds for launching apps, adding some window rule or changing my monitor layout. Those are things I’d have to do on any DE and they don’t take any longer.

Until I need something unexpected not yet set up by me, e.g. switching keyboard layouts. But it’s been a long time since I needed to do any of that. That’s the beauty of config files stored in git: Once it’s set, just forget about it.

Edit: I do agree though, the time it took to arrive where I am is considerable and definitely not something I recommend to others who value their time.

• @beeng
        link
        31 month ago

If you’re bored, it’s not perfect.

• @nfsu2@feddit.cl
      link
      fedilink
      31 month ago

I agree, using WM is like a using a car, its obviously easier to use something ready out-of-the-box but it does not feel as good as customizing your own. Just like people treat cars as their identity you can do the same in your computer and the fact that in some cases you can achieve better performance in your workflow. To me it is like any investment, if it shaves some little time every day, eventually it will pay off.