• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

it was! It baffles me that they changed it because during that era it was genuinely quite nice to go to mcdonalds and just hang out over some food.

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I mean, i definitely think the new touchscreen displays for ordering are pretty cool.

My conclusion is more that capitalism sucks and higher-ups are blithering idiots who make worse decisions than a random number generator.

• melpomenesclevage@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          3 months ago

This is true. Its one of my better arguments for revolution.

This society is not for you, in the sense that even with all the efficiency of machinery/automation and economies og scale and expert craftsmen, its probably still less work for your clumsy not-a-boat-maker ass to look up a wikihow and build a boat from scratch than it is for you to ‘earn’ enough to buy a boat.

Its less work and expense to grow food from scratch to feed starving kids in your community than it is to lobby the government to use food that would have been thrown away to feed kids.

And I don’t know if any random stranger would make good decisions that wouldn’t get lots of people killed, but making any random dipshit off the street supreme emperor of earth, you wouldn’t get, on average, worse decisions than our current oligarchs. Like, basically anyone could do better. Maybe not good enough; we’ve got some apocalypses on the horizon, but at least not worse. And I think we could do better than random dipshit emperor if we put our anything to it.