I give you a cozy chair and you are now going to watch the beginning of earth til today with all your senses. You won’t age, everything freezes. But once you reach this minute you will get a million dollars.

All you have to do is watch earth form from nothing to how it is now in this minute and then you will come down to earth with a million dollars and nothing changed.

Yes or no? You will see things nobody has ever seen and you can watch the dinos if you get to that point after a few million years. I will give you a chair and binoculars

• doeknius_gloek
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

No way. Sitting around for 4.5 billion years doing nothing while nothing happens for most of the time? I’d go insane after a few months with billions of years still to go. The “with all your senses” part also sucks for the millions of years when earth was a ball of lava with a steady rain of asteroids and no atmosphere.

Kurzgesagt made a video about the entire history of earth, each second representing 1.5 million years. I’d suggest watching this to get a sense about the absolutely massive amount of time. Our monkey brains are not even slightly made to observe all of this.

Also funny that you mention money, as if someone who just witnessed the entire history of earth would care about a measly million dollars.

• PipedLinkBot@feddit.rocksB
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Here is an alternative Piped link(s):

video

Piped is a privacy-respecting open-source alternative frontend to YouTube.

I’m open-source; check me out at GitHub.