link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

So you don’t support change in others?

What a weird take. Dude improves himself and you think to shit on them. That says a lot about YOUR mentality.

Edit: You see looking for praise, I see being a potential role model for others in a similar situation.

• callouscomic@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

As I said to the other person, you spend enough time around family and other friends who have time and time again endlessly thrown in everyone’s faces how Jesus Christ they are now that they are clean, and that YOU just don’t get it. They’re the dickheads. Most of them fall back into it. It gets old how much they seek being on a pedestal.

I am not against encouraging people improving their lives AND then moving on. I am also not standing outside prison clapping for the releases simply for having accomplished the bare minimum.

• callouscomic@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

Yep. You’re 100% right. I’ve never struggled and I lack any empathy whatsoever, merely because I will not overly celebrate a repeat offender no longer offending.

Nuance never works on the internet. The irony in how you so easily judge me, by the way. Have fun with your assumptions of people. You’re no better.

• dependencyinjection
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

It’s hardly an assumption when you literally write it out my friend.

Anyway, no hard feelings. You do you my guy and I support you in your opinion.