• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End

I really enjoyed it tbh. Its pretty slow and wholesome overall but the artwork and the occasional fights are really well done. And yeah all the characters and cities have german names lol

She is not literally a cave goblin but in todays world she would for sure sit in her parents basement all day. I would recommend it for sure :)

• bellly@lemm.eeOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

And yeah all the characters and cities have german names lol

Ngl i always groan when anime uses random german words lol

Frieren and her mother Kühlschrank in the Town of Fischbrötchen

She already sounds a lot like me tho lmao

• unexposedhazard
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

As a german i can relate. Its very confusing but the names actually fit quite well in some cases.

• bellly@lemm.eeOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

Im also german hehe :3

Ig i dont like when the names are too on the nose, like the mysterious character is named Schatten or some shit lol

But no show will ever come close to the restaurant menu-ass character names in part 5 jojo lmao

Stell dir vor die Charaktere würden Labskaus oder Semmelknödel heißen lmao 10/10

• unexposedhazard
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

:3 lots of germans on lemmy for some reason. (Viele IT nerds vielleicht?)

There are some very on the nose ones in there for sure but i dont really mind because in the japanese dub my brain doesnt recognize the names as german words.

Havent watched jojo but its a wild fucking ride from the clips ive seen :D

• bellly@lemm.eeOPM
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 months ago

Ich glaub das heißt datenschmutz oder so, keine ahnung benutz kein linux lol

Ye thats true tho, it kind of just blends in w the rest of the language

Jojo is amazing!!! Reminds me that i rly need to rewatch the whole series lmao buff men 🤤 and i cant wait for steel ball run!!!