The White House on Tuesday condemned ā€œdeath to Americaā€ chants that surfaced online from a recent rally in Dearborn, Mich., protesting Israelā€™s war in Gaza.

Press secretaryĀ Karine Jean-PierreĀ replied, ā€œyesā€ when asked ifĀ President BidenĀ condemns the comments in the chants, which were captured on video by some attendees.

ā€œPeaceful protests are something that the president has also been very clear that, its important to give folks space to peacefully protest. But any type of violent rhetoric, we are going to denounce,ā€ she said.

Dearborn mayor Abdullah Hammoud (D) has also denounced the chants, sharing inĀ a statement on XĀ that ā€œDearborn is a city of proud Americans.ā€

• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    Ā·
    2 months ago

I donā€™t know if people like you are ignorant or just stupid, Iā€™ll assume the former.

You do realise that calling any group of people the same the same things is actually insane.

Like all cyclists are murders because I saw a cyclist kill someone once. Or all Americans are murders because the government killed people (arguably more people killed by this Christian government than any other). All white men are rapists because look at all the cases.

Every religion has barbaric stuff in there. Go read a book or something and stop yelling at clouds bro.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      2 months ago

Please provide sources of other religions honor killings or rapes outside of the norm. Yes a ton of bad has happened in the past with other religions, but weā€™re not talking about the past, weā€™re talking about the present. Stop acting like Islam is a religion of peace. Itā€™s not.

• dependencyinjection
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        Ā·
        2 months ago

I pity you living in fear like you do mate and I hope one day you can find some solace.

Have a nice day.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          Ā·
          2 months ago

Uhh who said I live in fear. I donā€™t live in a little bubble like you two seem to be doing but w/e.

• dependencyinjection
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            Ā·
            2 months ago

Dude I live in Manchester. Weā€™ve been bombed twice and had a riots once whilst Iā€™ve been here.

Still donā€™t believe one group of people are terrorists. First time we were bombed was the IRA actually.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              Ā·
              2 months ago

Ok and what does that have to do with the point that Islam as a religion is more violent than any other religion in the modern day?

• dependencyinjection
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                Ā·
                2 months ago

Strange that the most violence comes towards those nations. From either the USA to Iraq and Afghanistan or Irsael to Palestine.

To reiterate none of any group are all the same. I could argue all people on lemmy are idiots after interacting with you, but alas I wonā€™t do that.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  Ā·
                  2 months ago

Nice whataboutismā€¦ seriously youā€™re delusional if you think that islam doesnā€™t produce more violence than any other group.