Hi trees!

I’ve an odd question for you. I’ve got a concentrate tank that spontaneously died on me. Instead of wasting it, I decided to try and get it working again by pouring the concentrate into the standard vape chamber that came with my vape. However, the liquid is so viscous that it doesn’t seem to flow into the coils (needed a hair dryer to get it to flow into the chamber!).

I tried pouring some normal e-liquid in and mixing it up to try and water it down, but that hasn’t really worked either. The two liquids don’t seem to mix.

Has anyone tried anything similar and had any luck making concentrate less viscous so it will vape in their standard chamber?

I guess I see why concentrates tend to come in really thin, tall chambers now

• MightBeAlpharius@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

You’re talking about an e-liquid tank full of distillate, kind of like this, right?

If you just filled it, you should just have to let it sit for a while - I left mine overnight before I hit it to let the distillate soak into the coils.

If it worked for a while before dying, though, then the atomizer might have burned out. You can replace it, but you’ll have to empty and refill the tank, so it might be easiest to just empty it into a spare tank and use that one for a while.

• Dendrologist@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Yeah, that’s exactly the kinda thing I’ve poured it into!

The disposable cartridge it came in died so the atomiser must be burnt out in that one, but as far as I’m aware this one works.

Having left it overnight, it does appear to have mixed in with the e-liquid now, so hopefully you’re right and that’s all that’s needed. Got errands to do today so I can’t test it just now sadly.

• grabyourmotherskeys@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I’m new to concentrates so not sure if I’m on target here but I purchased a bunch of Japanese organic unbleached cotton (cheaper than you think) which is kind of like cotton balls but in rectangular form.

I pull a little twist off a piece and smear concentrate on it and ball it up so the concentrate is on the inside of the ball.

That gets stuffed into a vape (so far used it with Dynavap and Cipher Nautilus). I’ve been loving this lately as I don’t consume much at any one session and a blob of this last several sessions so no need to reload every time, etc.

Example (and lifetime supply) MUJI Makeup Facial Soft Cut Cotton Unbleached 60x50 mm 180pcs https://a.co/d/e3dO0Ho

• Rhynoplaz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Can we get someone who knows what they’re talking about to come in on this?

We read about it online and tested it, but didn’t really notice anything different. But, every time we tested it, we were high, so, you know how that goes.

Anyone know?

• Dendrologist@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Do you dry vape your concentrate soaked flower or smoke it? I’ve never smoked concentrate, but it sounds like it would be hella harsh on the throat

• BoxerDevil@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I don’t put much just a drop or 2 per gram. Usually just the flower is enough to absorb to moisture