I don’t care what reason you think you have, to explain this bullshit behavior. There is no good reason. Even if your government literally refuses to put signals, stop signs, etc, that’s still no excuse.

If your civilization can support motor vehicles, then I expect your asses to go out and paint your own lines on the road, make your own signs out of plywood and paint, and then DO YOUR BEST NOT TO ACTUALLY ACTIVELY MURDER EACH OTHER ON THE FUCKING ROAD. If you can’t do that, and you all just drive as if you’re the only car in the whole country, then I think your country fucking sucks. Period.

America is bad enough with our road safety. Thousands upon thousands are injured and killed on the roads, every year. But, ya know, the vast majority of us do actually STOP AT STOPLIGHTS AND STOPSIGNS, rather than just blasting through, with multiple lanes of cross-traffic just filtering insanely through one another.

When I see footage of that shit, it makes me feel projected embarrassment for your fucking country, whichever one it happens to be. Get your fucking shit together. It’s fucking pathetic.

• catarina@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Downvoting not because it is unpopular - I actually agree with parts of it -, but because it’s an incoherent rant fueled by anger against some “undeveloped” country where magically everyone can fix engines with a piece of string. Big “hate the global south” vibes from this one.

• Chill Dude 69@lemmynsfw.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Not hate. Just an unwillingness to infantilize people.

I’m not going to throw up my hands and say “well, we can’t expect anything better from these people.”

I’m judging people based on their own faults, as equals. That is an attitude of RESPECT. I’m not willing to say “awww, it’s cute that these little brown motherfuckers can even drive. Of course we can’t expect them to wait their turn at intersections.”

THAT would be fucking hatred. All I’m doing is holding equal, intelligent, capable people to an equal standard. If you drive like a pack of psychos, it’s not because you’re “primitives” who are somehow incapable of doing any better. If you drive like psychos, it’s cause you’re choosing to drive like psychos. I think they should do better, and they CAN do better.