cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Well my friend if one person stinks, it’s because they stepped dog poop probably. But if everyone you meet stink you probably wanna check your shoes

Idk what philosoher said that probably like Danny Devito he’s smart and stuff

• ThatWeirdGuy1001@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

See I only have one problem with these kinds of philosophies.

It’s not me and I’ve proven it over and over again. The people I’m forced to deal with everyday are complete idiots and everyday they find new ways to prove to me they shouldn’t have survived past kindergarten.

• fsxylo@sh.itjust.works
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I feel like that saying was invented by an asshole. Every day in my entire life I’ve been surrounded by stupid inconsiderate people that just don’t care or actively make life worse for others, no matter where in the country I go. Being an asshole is the average.

And it really basic shit that people fail at. Leaving shopping carts in the middle of the road, throwing trash on the ground, drag racing through traffic, blocking sidewalks or aisles, leaving dishes in the break room for the janitor to clean up. It’s nearly everyone else who’s the asshole.

• Bondrewd@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Well, to be honest, I was an extremely angry kid, to the extent of destroying my desk over time while playing an FPS.

But I think sleep is atleast 60% of it. Im starting to notice that there is an amount of sleep where you feel like you slept well, but you still get to fuck your brain up over annoyances and even casual chit chat.

If it is as small as 7:30 instead of 8 hours you might be angry and unmotivated instead of kind of calm and reasonably ready to do shit. If you dont have uninterrupted sleep as long as that, good chances that it might be causing you be on the edge.

Stress comes in in this case because the latter section of sleep is more related to emotional regulation. I can get really worked up while a week progresses where I sleep worse.