An android messaging app that sends everything as an image where the text is in a blue bubble. All images, baby.

• maiskanzler@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Having friends that refuse to have anything to do with Telegram is a God’s Send nowadays!

• AwkwardLookMonkeyPuppet@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Why is that? They constantly bitch about me not having an iPhone, but they won’t download any app that gives us back rich messaging features. I’ve suggested everything except for Facebook Messenger. I’ve pushed hard for telegram, since I use it with all of my other iPhone friends, but they just complain and refuse to install anything. It’s super annoying.

• maiskanzler@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Two reasons.

First, Telegram messages are only “transport-encrypted”, meaning that the messages are safe while in transport from you to Telegram and from Telegram to the recipient of your message. Very importantly, these messages are not encrypted while Telegram has them! Even WhatsApp has better and more encryption than that (Called End-to-End encryption, only sender and recipient can read a message).

Therefore, you have to trust Telegram not to look at your messages (they certainly do) while other services simply can’t.

Second, at least here in Germany Telegram has become the main platform for conspiracy nuts and antidemocratic organizations. Someone who is “very active” on Telegram is most certainly an idiot.

• Senal@programming.dev
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Second, at least here in Germany Telegram has become the main platform for conspiracy nuts and antidemocratic organizations. Someone who is “very active” on Telegram is most certainly an idiot.

Bet the majority of them drive cars as well.

• JJLinux@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

You need new friends. It’s not healthy for you to keep those. And you should be pushing them to Matrix, signal or something similarly private and secure, not telegram.