The national broadcaster will be represented by Seyfarth Shaw, which has a decades-long reputation of anti-union practices in the US, to act in the Fair Work Commission matter involving journalist Antoinette Lattouf.

• Deceptichum@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

It feels like no one dislikes the ABC as a company as much as its employees.

Which honestly makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. I hate my employer too.

• shermozle@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Oh the staff know what their overlords are like. The MD hired the ex HR Head of paragon of employment rights 7-11 who proceeded to stretch “negotiations” out for years by being a prick. All while the MD pretends that it’s not him.

• LineNoise@kbin.socialOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Unfortunately of late it’s been used as a platform to launder the transphobia of both Barry and producers.

• JackFrostNCola@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

To me thats a fair endorsement that they are being impartial news reporters, though i think they lean left of center they also dont try sweep shit under the rug when it doesnt suit them

• billytheid@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Time for a full scale house cleaning at the ABC. They need to clean out the rot Morrison and co started.

• Taleya@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Sound strategy. I know when I want someone to represent me in a fairwork lawsuit I go straight to a company that operates in a country that has no ideological framework whatsoever to understand how things work within our laws.