“It’s almost a cruel joke on the electorate that the longest presidential election potentially ever might also be the one that they’re least excited about,” said one Democratic pollster, speaking anonymously to candidly discuss the race.

• dragontamer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Nikki Haley is still running. Good grief people… There are 48 primaries left to go. If Republicans want someone else they can still choose Haley.

• dragontamer@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

There’s a chance Donald Trump gets disqualified and Nikki Haley is the only reasonable choice. There’s also a chance that Donald Trump’s shit mouth proves that he’s unfit for office the more he talks. He’s seriously not all there anymore.

Nikki Haley staying in the race is a big part of that. Just a few weeks ago Donald Trump confused her with Nancy Pelosi. The dude’s fully a dumbass at this point and is unable to keep his arguments or rhetoric straight anymore. I think people are sleeping on what Nikki Haley could seriously accomplish here. If Nikki Haley pushes Trump to rage against her and publicly prove how much of a dumbass he is, Nikki Haley’s got a good chance.

A lot of Republicans are going with Trump because they think they have no other option. Biden/Democrats are also pushing Trump as their opponent because someone like Nikki is the most problematic for them. So yeah, its an uphill battle, but one that I personally support.

• chuckleslord@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            5 months ago

There’s a chance Donald Trump gets disqualified

Yeah, and there’s a chance I win the Powerball even though I don’t play. Don’t think it’s going to happen though.

• eestileib@sh.itjust.works
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

She is not going to win a single state. Her shot was NH. She is getting buried in the state where she won the governor’s race; after she loses there, I can’t imagine she’ll keep getting funded.

The republican party will split before they abandon Trump.