• KNova@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

the amount of times i’ve said “that’s crazy dude” in one of these chairs probably numbers in the thousands

• Corngood@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

That was my office chair for most of my adolescence, until it got sick of me leaning my fat ass on the back legs, and betrayed me.

• j_roby@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I am a very skinny/lanky dude, and I’ve even snapped the back legs off of several of these chairs over the years just from leaning/rocking back and forth on them.

• Zink@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I am a big dude, but due to a necessary increased awareness of flimsy chairs I’ve learned to sit down in these things slowly and vertically.

I think the last time I broke a chair it was my hand going through an arm rest while stabilizing myself, lol.

• SuperDuper@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Transcendent wisdom? Usually I’m just spacing out, saying “uh huh, wow,” and nodding my head while my cousin rambles on about whatever antivax conspiracies she’s been sucked into lately.

• roscoe@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

It’s just a generic outdoor chair as common as a red Solo cup. The kind of chair many people have found themselves sitting in late into the evening shooting the shit, drinking, etc.

• Dagwood222@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Neither. These are found in backyards across America. OP is saying that billionaires have never sat down and listened to ordinary folks.

AA and / or group therapy would be in metal folding chairs. Churches like metal folding chairs because they last a long time.

• umbraroze@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

It’s one of those things that make me say “OK my parents MAY have a few of those in their garden. Gotta see them to be sure, maybe. But it was a thing in that ill defined era maybe, so, you know, maybe.”

• AItoothbrush@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

A bit of alcohol and weed with those chairs and i can invent anything… but i forget it the bext day

• wolfshadowheart@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

It’s not green. This is blasphemy!

The white ones are always dirty, but the green ones are clean because I can’t see the dirt. Duh!