• harsh3466@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

TV

• I’ve slowly been working my way through Invasion (Apple TV+). I’m really enjoying the show the aliens are interesting, and the characters (for the most part) are well written and acted.

• My wife and I together have been enjoying Death and Other Details. We love a whodunnit, so we’re in for that alone, but I’m also enjoying some of the storytelling motifs they’re using, and the set is really beautiful.

MOVIES

• Self Reliance. Decent movie, but I thought it was going to be more humor forward than it was. Best part of the movie was the ninjas

• Role Play. Like Self Reliance, was expecting a more humor forward story. It was a fine movie overall, but also kind of disappointing.

One thing I will say about TV and movies in general though, is that I HATE how we see a scene where something significant happens, and then less than five minutes later they show a flashback of that scene. FFS, I’m watching the show/movie, and I remember this thing that happened mere minutes ago. I’m not that stupid that you need to replay it again.

• BlazeOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

One thing I will say about TV and movies in general though, is that I HATE how we see a scene where something significant happens, and then less than five minutes later they show a flashback of that scene. FFS, I’m watching the show/movie, and I remember this thing that happened mere minutes ago. I’m not that stupid that you need to replay it again.

I noticed this too, very annoying, seems like a cheap way to spare screen time.

Thanks for your recommendations!

• harsh3466@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

My wife thinks it’s because so many people watch tv while scrolling their phones or tablets. Either way it’s a modern film convention that I do not like.