cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Rural? Ha! I live in a medium city, suburbs’ish, and 30 years ago I could go through the taco bell drive thru to get weed. This isn’t a new idea.

• KingJalopy @lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Same. I grew up in Fort Worth and used to buy weed and LSD at the burger king drive thru. The manager was the dealer and we had code words for stuff. Whopper with extra lettuce was weed obviously. He’d ask, “how many?” to define the amount. For the acid we would say, “make sure the order is correct, I’m not making 2 (3,4,etc…) trips back here.”.

Those were good times. Plus the dude was born with no right hand and we had all went to school together and had tons of great nick names for him like, “the one handed bandit” or, “the one handed hash slinger” or my favorite, “the handy man”. Before you think I’m an ass he’s the one who gave himself these names.

The best thing was watching him weigh out a bag with a postal scale and roll it up all with one hand. For a dude with half the amount of usual hands he was incredibly handy. You had to hand it to him.

Also when you left he would stick out his arm and say give me some nub. You know, instead of a fist bump.