source: https://twitter.com/wagslane/status/1637910671781404673

image description:
a girl is smiling in front of the camera, not directly looking at it. in front of her is a big cake. the text on her reads, “PM showing off latest features”
just on the left and a little behind is a guy, out of focus, blankly staring at the cake. the text on him reads, “dev getting 0 credit”

• Dr. Wesker@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Eh, I don’t want to present features to stakeholders. It’s pretty thankless, in my experience. The real worthwhile merit is in presenting architecture designs and reviews to tech leadership.

• Dave@lemmy.nz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I’m not an architect, but I’ve sat in on architecture presentations and the most rewarding feedback I’ve seen is “Any objections? Ok, approved”.

• Ephera@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

In my current project, we hold reviews together with our customer, because supposedly they work together with us on this project (they have done nothing of value since project start).

And it’s so miserable, because among us colleagues, we really don’t know what everyone else actually developed, because you obviously don’t want to go into deep technical discussions, nor be too critical, when the customers all sit there.

• Skyhighatrist@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

In every dev job I’ve ever held it’s been me or one of the other devs doing demos (usually me though). Granted I haven’t worked on anything truly high profile that a demo would be An Event.